ORDINANCE NO. 3709
ORDINANCE OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SANTA ROSA PREZONING THE AREA INCLUDED WITHIN THE PROPOSED ANNEXATION NWSR 2-04 (RIDLEY AVENUE ANNEXATION), LOCATED AT 1400 THROUGH 1600 RIDLEY AVENUE, FILE NUMBER ANX04-004
THE PEOPLE OF THE CITY OF SANTA ROSA ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
Section 1. The Council finds, based on the evidence and records presented, that the prezoning designation of R-1-6 (Single Family Residential) District is an appropriate classification of the property identified in Section 2 and such classification is consistent with the Santa Rosa General Plan in that:
1. The properties are situated with the Residential, Low Density area shown on the Land Use Graphic of the City's General Plan, which designation permits Single Family development and existing non-conforming uses.
2. The prezoning provides Residential land uses in conformation with the policy of the Land Use Element of the City's General Plan.
3. Adequate City services can be provided for the proposed annexation area.
4. For the reasons set forth in No. 1 above, the proposed annexation would not adversely impact and would enhance the achievement of the Land Use goals and policies contained in the General Plan.
5. The Council has read, reviewed, and considered the approved and adopted Negative Declaration for this project and determines that this prezoning will not have a significant effect on the environment as shown by said Negative Declaration.
Section 2. All conditions required by law having been satisfied and all findings with relation thereto having been made, the "Zoning Map of the City of Santa Rosa," as described in Section 20-01.010 of the Santa Rosa City Code, is amended so as to place the following prezoning designation on the following identified property:
"Sonoma County Assessor's Parcels numbered 036-191-010, -028, -030, -041, -052 and -055 are prezoned to the City's R-1-6 (Single Family Residential) District."
Section 3. In accordance with the provisions of Section 20-02.287 of the Santa Rosa City Code, the prezoning designation set forth in Section 2 of this ordinance shall become the zoning classification of each parcel of real property therein identified upon the completion of the parcel's annexation to the City of Santa Rosa.
Section 4. Severability. If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, phrase of word of this ordinance is for any reason held to be invalid and/or unconstitutional by a court of competent jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this ordinance.
Section 5. Effective Date. This ordinance shall take effect on the 31st day following its adoption.
IN COUNCIL DULY PASSED AND ADOPTED this 22nd day of February, 2005.