RACE RESULTS ARE IN!
Click here to view them and thank you to everyone that participated! Hope you had as much fun as we did!
It's back and BETTER! Join us for the 2nd annual St. Patrick's Day Run/Walk to benefit Recreation & Parks Programs and facilities!
Sunday, March 17, 2013 - Race Start Time 3pm
Juilliard Park - 227 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa
This 3.17-mile chip-timed race is open to all ages and abilities and participants receive a commemorative mug at the finish line! Stick around after the race for the post-run celebration complete with a judged costume contest with great prizes, live music from local band Soup Sandwich, activities and plenty of giveaways. Plus, all racers get to fill their commemorative mugs with a FREE beer generously provided by Third Street Aleworks (for those 21 or older) or root beer generously provided by BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse!
RACERS! AVOID THE CHECK-IN LINES BEFORE THE RACE ON SUNDAY BY PICKING UP YOUR BIB AT FLEET FEET SPORTS SANTA ROSA ON SATURDAY, MARCH 16TH FROM 10AM - 6PM!
REGISTRATIONOnline - Click here to register now (Online registration closes March 14th at 10pm)
By Mail - To Steele Lane Community Center - 415 Steele Lane, Santa Rosa, CA 95403. DO NOT MAIL FORMS AFTER 3/13! After 3/13, Family Registrations must be dropped off in person at Steele Lane Community Center to receive discounted rates. Drop off hours are from 8am - 5pm, Monday thru Thursday AND 8am-3pm on Fridays. Download form, print and fill out. Make checks payable to "City of Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks." Last day to drop off registration forms at Steele Lane Community Center is Friday, March 15th by 3pm.
In store - At Fleet Feet Sports in Santa Rosa on Saturday, March 16 from 10am - 6pm. Racers who pre-registered, may also come pick up their bibs from Fleet Feet Sports during this time.
On Race Day - March 17 from 1pm - 2:30pm*
*Prices increase on race day and there will be a limited amount of chip-timed race bibs and commemorative mugs left. We therefore, cannot guarantee that you will receive an official chip-timed race bib or a mug if you register on Sunday, although you will be able to race. for those that do not receive a mug at the race, they will be available for pick-up from Steele Lane Community Center a week or two after the race.
Advanced Registration: Adults $25 18 & under $15
Register on Day of Race: Adults $35 18 & under $20
Family Discount Rates: Available for advanced registration only. Must mail in payment AND a registration form for each family member so that all participants receive their own number for chip timing on race day. Do not mail forms after 3/13!
Family of (4) $60 Family of (5) $70 Family 0f (6) $80
MORE RACE DAY INFO
1. For those that pre-registered, you may pick up your race bibs from Fleet Feet Sports on Saturday, March 16th from 10am-6pm. Otherwise you can pick them up at Juilliard Park on race day beginning at 1pm in Juilliard Park.
2. If you register on the day of the race, we cannot guarantee that you will receive a mug at the race. More will be availble for pick-up from Steele Lane Community Center a week or two after the race if this happens.
3. For individuals 21 years and up planning to consume beer at the event, a valid photo ID will be required to receive a beer wristband. Only those with wristbands (whether a race participant or not) will be served beer at the beverage tent.
4. One free beer OR root beer is allowed to each registered race participant. Additionals will be available for purchase. Non-particpants may also purchase beverages.
5. Baby strollers are allowed on the run course.
6. Well-behaved dogs on leashes are permitted on run course.
7. Racers will receive a goodie bag, fruit and water, and a commemorative mug with one fill-up of beer (if 21+) or root beer after they cross the finish line.
8. Photographers will be on site to capture the event action. You will be able to view those on the Santa Rosa Rec & Parks Facebook page the following week after the event. Photos taken specifically at the photo booth station will be posted to the Facebook page by Sunday evening (3/17) after the event.
Go the extra mile to help us with our fundraising efforts by seeking pledges for your race participation! Your efforts will help us maintain quality recreation programs and facilities for the community. Download a pledge form to get started.
1pm: Race Day Registration Begins (pre-registration recommended)
3pm: Race start-time
3:45pm: Post-race celebration in Juilliard Park with live performances by Soup Sandwich
4:00pm: Costume Contest Presented by Wine Country Radio and prize drawing
4:30pm: Race Awards Presentation
COSTUME CONTEST & POST RACE CELEBRATION
*Judged costume contest on the stage presented by Wine Country Radio. Contest will begin at 4:00pm. Prizes will be awarded in the following 4 categories:
Most spirited St. Patty's Kids (for those 12 & under) - prizes for the top 3
Most convincing leprechaun
Best Wearin' O' the Green
Best Dressed Team (groups of 3 or more)
*Race awards presentation (awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each age division).
*Live music by local band Soup Sandwich
*Beverages: Fill up your commemorative race mug with a FREE beer provided by Third Street Aleworks or root beer from BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse! Additional beverages may be purchased: Root Beer ($2) and Beer ($5); cash only please.
*Shamrock tattoo station, photo booth, games and kids activities, prize drawing
*Food for purchase from Awful Falafel and Yogurt Time food trucks.
BECOME A SPONSOR OR VOLUNTEER ON RACE DAY
Opportunities are still available for sponsors and volunteers. Contact Adriane Mertens at (707) 543-3276 or email@example.com to find out how you can be a part of the event.
TRAIN FOR THE RACE WITH FLEET FEET & NEW BALANCE
Fleet Feet Sports and New Balance have teamed up to offer No Boundaries, the largest 5K training program in the nation! If you have ever tried to start a running program in the past and felt you couldn’t keep up or needed to be in better shape, this is the program for YOU! The 10-week No Boundaries Program will prepare you for the St. Patrick’s Day Run/Walk! Visit www.fleetfeetsantarosa.com for more information on training groups.
Tuesdays at 6pm and Saturdays at 9am
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS & SPONSORS