SANTA ROSA DIVE TEAM
The Santa Rosa Dive Team is a year-round diving program with emphasis on safe recreation and competitive diving. All diving levels workout and compete at various times throughout the year. All coaches hold current USA Diving Coaches Certification and are in good standing with USA Diving. This program emphasizes safety, discipline, positive attitude, respect, camaraderie, spatial awareness and control from beginning to advanced.
Training sessions also include graduated levels of instruction emphasizing: physical technique (biomechanics), body awareness, physiology and skill development. Also included are opportunities to participate in local, invitational, regional, and national competitions depending on skill level. This team follows FINA and USA Diving guidelines.
Santa Rosa Diving has four skill levels:
- Advanced Junior Olympic and Senior
- Intermediate Junior Olympic
- Novice and Future Champion
- Masters - 21 and older divers who wish to continue diving and competing
- Able to swim 50 yds
- Able to safely and confidently dive in
head first from the low (one meter) springboard
- 8 years of age
- Try-outs for the team take place the last Saturday of each month. Please contact the Coach, Nolan Irwin (email@example.com), to schedule a try-out.
*Membership in USA Diving and/or AAU Diving is required for all levels.