Most organized activities and events planned for City parks require a permit. The details of your event or activity will determine which permit you need -- Picnic or Special Use. Review the criteria below, to determine which permit type is required for your event or activity. Please Note: $25 non-refundable application fee for all Park Special Use Permits is required at time of application.
Park picnic areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis year-round. Making a reservation and securing a permit ahead of time guarantees a spot for your picnic or event.
Picnic Permits allow for up to 200 people in a Community Park picnic site.
All regular park rules apply. Click here for jump structure guidelines. (En Espanol)
Reservations are accepted beginning in February, and picnic sites are available for reservations March-October. (Events that fall under a Special Use Permit require a permit year round). Reservations can be made up to a year in advance and do fill quickly – early reservations are advised.
Howarth Park Birthday Party Packages are booked through Front Desk Staff; click here for more information about those.
Picnic sites are listed on the right and include pricing, capacity and maps for each reservable location. Please look through the list of reservable picnic sites ahead of time and have the date and your top three choices ready when you contact our Picnic Reservation staff to make your reservation. You can check our calendar by clicking here to see if your desired Picnic area location is available for your date before calling.
Electricity and water are not available in the picnic areas.
Contact our staff to secure your Picnic Permit in one of the following ways:
Call (707) 543-3753
Visit Finley Community Center (2060 W. College Avenue).
Please note: Picnic Reservation staff hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. If you leave a message outside of these hours, we will get back to you during the next scheduled Staff Reservation hours.
Required for events with an expected attendance of 200+ and for ALL events held in a Neighborhood Park.
A Special Use Permit may also be required for any of the following reasons regardless of attendance:
Applications must be submitted no later than 30 days and no more than one year prior to the event.
Click to view the guidelines pertaining to Special Use Permits.
- Conducting business within the park.
- Event is open to the public and attendance cannot be determined (i.e. fundraisers).
- Alcohol will be sold.
- Special event equipment will be brought into the park such as carnival rides, vehicles, animals, band, portable dance floor etc.
- Portable toilets and/or additional dumpsters will be needed.
- Outside the parameters of the picnic site or impact on other park patrons.
Apply for a Special Use Permit:
- Complete an application.
Read all instructions and provide as much detail as possible.
- Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Howarth Park, submit application to email@example.com
or fax to (707) 543-3194.
- $25 non-refundable application fee due when submitting application (date will not be held until payment and application are received).
For questions please contact the Special Use Permit desk at (707) 543-3294.