The City of Santa Rosa takes a pro-active approach to graffiti abatement. As “tagging” and gang graffiti has escalated, so too has the City’s efforts to eliminate it.
The Transportation and Public Works, Police and Parks Departments work collaboratively to address graffiti vandalism through abatement, education, and enforcement. It is hoped that through the efforts of the City staff, volunteers, property owners, and effective enforcement of Graffiti Abatement Ordinance 3729, graffiti will be limited throughout the City of Santa Rosa.
the Transportation and Public Works Department:
- Removes graffiti from public property
the Santa Rosa Police Department
- Is responsible for enforcing the City’s Graffiti Abatement Ordinance 3729, which ensures graffiti located on private property is removed by the owners in a timely manner.
- Conducts vandalism investigations
- Administers the Volunteer Graffiti Abatement Program
- Makes Presentations to schools, community groups and neighborhood associations
- Conducts community outreach campaigns and attends special events