What is the Neighborhood Revitalization Program?
The Neighborhood Revitalization Program is a coordinated inter-departmental City task force within the Economic Development and Housing Department. NRP Building and Fire inspections are conducted to ensure decent, safe and sanitary housing. Programs through the Recreation and Parks Department are provided to improve the environment for youth. A Community Outreach Specialist works in the neighborhoods to assist and educate residents in learning about city wide resources and coordinating events that are educational and cultural.
Ultimately, the goal of NRP is to improve the living conditions and quality of life in the neighborhood. This will result in a safer area and increased property values.
- Housing and Community Services: A Community Outreach Specialist to work with the community and schools to coordinate youth activities, referrals for job training and social programs for adults. This is the lead department responsible for program coordination.
- Community Development: A Building Inspector for health and safety code enforcement, education and neighborhood compliance issues.
- Fire: A Fire Inspector for Fire safety code enforcement, education and any applicable neighborhood compliance issues.
- City Attorney: An Assistant City Attorney and legal support to work with the owners, residents and neighborhood association to gain compliance with local and state law.
- Police: A Police Officer to improve the quality of life and safety within the neighborhoods.