What is the Neighborhood Revitalization Program?
NRP is a coordinated inter-departmental City task force that works in certain neighborhoods. Building and fire inspections are conducted to ensure decent, safe and sanitary housing. In addition, low interest rehabilitation loans are available from City's Department of Economic Development and Housing. Programs through the Recreation and Parks Department are provided to improve the environment for youth. And a Community Outreach Specialist works in the community to assist and educate residents in learning about city wide resources and coordinating neighborhood events that are educational and cultural.
Ultimately, the goal of NRP is to improve the living conditions and quality of life in the neighborhood. This will result in a safer area and increased property values.
- Economic Dev & Housing: This is the lead department responsible for program coordination and concentrated rehab loans.
- Community Development: A Building Inspector for Health & Safety Code enforcement, education and neighborhood compliance issues.
- Fire: A Fire Inspector for Fire Safety Code enforcement, education and any applicable neighborhood compliance issues.
- City Attorney: An Assistant City Attorney and legal support to work with the owners, residents and neighborhood association to gain compliance with local and state law.
- City Manager's Office: A Community Outreach Specialist to work with the community and schools to coordinate youth activities, referrals for job training and social programs for adults.
- Police: A Police Officer to improve the quality of life and feeling of safety.