The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager. The City Clerk is the local Elections Official as specified by City Charter and State law. As the compliance officer for federal, state, and local laws and regulations including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act, the City Clerk and staff:
- Administer fair and impartial elections for City Council candidates and measures and conduct voter registration;
- Serve as compliance officer for campaign finance disclosure and conflict of interest statements as well as ethics training compliance;
- Manage the City Council’s legislative agenda, minutes, and documents;
- Process all resolutions, ordinances, agreements/contracts, deeds and official documents;
- Post and publish legal notices;
- Serve as the custodian of the City’s records and administer the City-wide records management program;
- Maintain the City Code;
- Coordinate recruitments for City Council-appointed Boards, Commissions, and Committees;
- Ensure compliance with the California Public Records Act.
COUNCIL MEETING NOTICES, AGENDAS & STAFF REPORTS
Council Agendas Staff reports dating back to November, 2002 are available for review via this link.
COUNCIL MEETING CALENDAR
Calendar may be changed or updated without notice.
COUNCIL MEETING VIDEOS
A video archive of Council meetings, linked to the agendas and staff reports.
CITY COUNCIL LEGISLATIVE RECORDS
These records include meeting minutes, resolutions, and ordinances dating back to 1998.
CITY ELECTION AND CAMPAIGN FINANCE INFORMATION
Information regarding current City elections and City Council candidates, the City's Campaign Finance Regulations and forms, and Campaign Finance Reports.
PUBLIC RECORDS REQUESTS
The City of Santa Rosa provides access to public records pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
Effective January 1, 2011, any person or entity acting as a lobbyist in the City must register with the City Clerk. The City's Lobbyist Ordinance and all related forms may be accessed via this link.
POLITICAL REFORM ACT FILINGS
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for performing filing official duties as required under the Political Reform Act and regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC), including maintaining Statements of Economic Interests (Form 700), Agency Report of Ceremonial Role Events and Ticket/Pass Distributions (Form 802), Aand gency Reports of Public Official Appointments (Form 806),
Stephanie Williams, Interim City Clerk
100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Room 10
Santa Rosa, California 95404
Phone (707) 543-3015
Fax (707) 543-3030