The Santa Rosa Police Department has 247 employees who proudly serve the citizens of Santa Rosa working around the clock to protect lives and property within a community that spans 40 square miles and is home to more than 167,816 people (as of the 2010 census). Our dedicated staff is committed to providing exceptional public safety services and taking a leadership role in building community partnerships to make our city a better, safer place to live, work and play. We are proud to protect and serve a community that has consistently expressed its appreciation and support for our efforts, while recognizing the value of continuing excellence in public safety.
The current Citizen Police Academy is scheduled to graduate on November 12th! Click Here for more information on the Academy.
We are striving to create a website that is not only a source of informaton, but a learning tool that will provide our community and their children with the tools to keep them safe.
- Click Here for contact phone numbers and resources.
- Click Here if you're considering relocating to Santa Rosa.
- Click Here for directions to the Police Department.
- Click Here to view the results of the 2012 citizen survey.
- And be sure to see our 2013 Annual Report.
Following are the City of Santa Rosa Organizational Values and Basic Principles. Click Here for the Police Department Mission, Vision and Values:
We are committed to a creative process which develops mutual respect and pride in ourselves and the community. To this end, we value:
- Providing quality service;
- Encouraging accessibility, open communication and participation in decision making;
- Seeking and celebrating diversity;
- Developing an environment of mutual trust, fairness, sensitivity and dignity;
- Promoting confidence in individual capabilities and cooperation throughout the organization; and
- Adapting to the changing circumstances of the community.
- Focus on the situation, issue or behavior, not on the person.
- Maintain the self-confidence and self-esteem of others.
- Maintain constructive relationships.
- Take initiative to make things better.
- Lead by example.
- Think beyond the moment.